[gmx-users] Re:Re: Which FF could be used for protein-RNA MD simulation in GROMACS?

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Sat Dec 11 16:07:32 CET 2010

Hi Stephan,

The GROMOS DNA and RNA parameters can be found in the 53A6 rtp file.
This file also has some sugar/carbohydrate parameters (which, however,
do not seem to accurately match the 45A4 carbohydrate parameters
published by Lins et al.) and also an entry for DPPC (although there are
plenty of better united-atom lipid parameters available to download from
the internet). Whether or not these DNA/RNA parameters should be used
ahead of AMBER or CHARMM DNA/RNA parameters is another question and I
would say depends on what is being simulated and why.

Cheers

Tom

--
Dr Thomas Piggot