[gmx-users] [Fwd: g_sas for each residu]

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 13 14:17:58 CET 2010

On 12/13/10, Stephane Abel  <Stephane.Abel at cea.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I would like to use g_sas to compute and give surface area changes of each residu of a peptide (25 AA long) and *not* the average per residu given by the argument -or) along the simulation time. If yes how ?  Of course, i think, i can use an index file, but for 25 AA, it will take a long time.....

Somehow you want to generate the matrix of SAS with time in one dimension and residue on the other. I forget if there's an elegant g_sas way to do this, but at worst you can trjconv separate frames, use g_sas -or, and concatenate the results into the matrix.

Then IIRC tools like gnuplot will let you write a plot expression that instructs it to plot the result of subtract corresponding elements of different columns in the data set against some other value...