[gmx-users] Question about COM-Pulling

Chris Neale chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Dec 13 21:56:26 CET 2010

for your setup options, the spring potential is something like:

U=0.5*k*[(z_ref - z_pull) - (initial_dist + time*0.01)]^2

(please refer to the manual for more details, I don't do AFM and didn't check the exact functional form).

So the spring is not on the displacement but on the difference between the actual displacement and the desired displacement, where your desired displacement is changing over time.

Chris.