[gmx-users] ERROR: Source code file: statutil.c, line: 727

udaya kiran kiran.udaya at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:13:05 CET 2010

Hello,

Here I am sending the complete output after the md.csh command with the
errors in bold.

COMMAND: csh md.csh

                         :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:

                   Groningen Machine for Chemical Simulation

                            :-)  VERSION 4.0.5  (-:

      Written by David van der Spoel, Erik Lindahl, Berk Hess, and others.
       Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
             Copyright (c) 2001-2008, The GROMACS development team,
            check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.

         This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
          modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
         as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
             of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

                      :-)  grompp (double precision)  (-:

Option     Filename  Type         Description
  -f      md-md.mdp  Input, Opt!  grompp input file with MD parameters
 -po       inmd.mdp  Output       grompp input file with MD parameters
  -c results/eq1bar300K.gro  Input        Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr
tpb
                                   tpa
  -r       conf.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb tpa
 -rb       conf.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb tpa
  -n  Index_sol.ndx  Input, Opt!  Index file
  -p topol_sol_hbond_131210.top  Input        Topology file
 -pp  processed.top  Output, Opt. Topology file
  -o       inmd.tpr  Output       Run input file: tpr tpb tpa
  -t       traj.trr  Input, Opt.  Full precision trajectory: trr trj cpt
  -e       ener.edr  Input, Opt.  Energy file: edr ene

Option       Type   Value   Description
-[no]h       bool   no      Print help info and quit
-nice        int    0       Set the nicelevel
-[no]v       bool   yes     Be loud and noisy
-time        real   -1      Take frame at or first after this time.
-[no]rmvsbds bool   yes     Remove constant bonded interactions with virtual

                            sites
-maxwarn     int    0       Number of allowed warnings during input
processing
-[no]zero    bool   no      Set parameters for bonded interactions without
                            defaults to zero instead of generating an error
-[no]renum   bool   yes     Renumber atomtypes and minimize number of
                            atomtypes

*ERROR
Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: statutil.c, line: 727

Invalid command line argument:

-------------------------------------------------------*

Thanx for Using GROMACS - Have a Nice Day

[1] 16658
: Command not found.
                         :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:

                   Great Red Oystrich Makes All Chemists Sane

                            :-)  VERSION 4.0.5  (-:

      Written by David van der Spoel, Erik Lindahl, Berk Hess, and others.
       Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
             Copyright (c) 2001-2008, The GROMACS development team,
            check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.

         This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
          modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
         as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
             of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

                       :-)  mdrun (double precision)  (-:

achje05
(/loch/akbl1/marelli/PROJECTS/16L4_16_aAALAA/16L4_GROMACS_RUN_HB3_131210)>
Option     Filename  Type         Description
  -s       inmd.tpr  Input        Run input file: tpr tpb tpa
  -o MDResults/md.trr  Output       Full precision trajectory: trr trj cpt
  -x MDResults/md.xtc  Output, Opt. Compressed trajectory (portable xdr
                                   format)
-cpi MDResults/md.cpt  Input, Opt.  Checkpoint file
-cpo MDResults/md.cpt  Output, Opt. Checkpoint file
  -c MDResults/md.gro  Output       Structure file: gro g96 pdb
  -e MDResults/md.edr  Output       Energy file: edr ene
  -g MDResults/md.log  Output       Log file
-dgdl MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
-field MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
-table MDResults/md.xvg  Input, Opt.  xvgr/xmgr file
-tablep MDResults/md.xvg  Input, Opt.  xvgr/xmgr file
-tableb MDResults/md.xvg  Input, Opt.  xvgr/xmgr file
-rerun MDResults/md.xtc  Input, Opt.  Trajectory: xtc trr trj gro g96 pdb
cpt
-tpi MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
-tpid MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
 -ei MDResults/md.edi  Input, Opt.  ED sampling input
 -eo MDResults/md.edo  Output, Opt. ED sampling output
  -j MDResults/md.gct  Input, Opt.  General coupling stuff
 -jo MDResults/md.gct  Output, Opt. General coupling stuff
-ffout MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
-devout MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
-runav MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
 -px MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
 -pf MDResults/md.xvg  Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file
-mtx MDResults/md.mtx  Output, Opt. Hessian matrix
 -dn MDResults/md.ndx  Output, Opt. Index file

Option       Type   Value   Description
-[no]h       bool   no      Print help info and quit
-nice        int    19      Set the nicelevel
-deffnm      string MDResults/md  Set the default filename for all file
                            options
-[no]xvgr    bool   yes     Add specific codes (legends etc.) in the output
                            xvg files for the xmgrace program
-[no]pd      bool   no      Use particle decompostion
-dd          vector 0 0 0   Domain decomposition grid, 0 is optimize
-npme        int    -1      Number of separate nodes to be used for PME, -1
                            is guess
-ddorder     enum   interleave  DD node order: interleave, pp_pme or
cartesian
-[no]ddcheck bool   yes     Check for all bonded interactions with DD
-rdd         real   0       The maximum distance for bonded interactions
with
                            DD (nm), 0 is determine from initial coordinates

-rcon        real   0       Maximum distance for P-LINCS (nm), 0 is estimate

-dlb         enum   auto    Dynamic load balancing (with DD): auto, no or
yes
-dds         real   0.8     Minimum allowed dlb scaling of the DD cell size
-[no]sum     bool   yes     Sum the energies at every step
-[no]v       bool   no      Be loud and noisy
-[no]compact bool   yes     Write a compact log file
-[no]seppot  bool   no      Write separate V and dVdl terms for each
                            interaction type and node to the log file(s)
-pforce      real   -1      Print all forces larger than this (kJ/mol nm)
-[no]reprod  bool   no      Try to avoid optimizations that affect binary
                            reproducibility
-cpt         real   15      Checkpoint interval (minutes)
-[no]append  bool   no      Append to previous output files when continuing
                            from checkpoint
-[no]addpart bool   yes     Add the simulation part number to all output
                            files when continuing from checkpoint
-maxh        real   -1      Terminate after 0.99 times this time (hours)
-multi       int    0       Do multiple simulations in parallel
-replex      int    0       Attempt replica exchange every # steps
-reseed      int    -1      Seed for replica exchange, -1 is generate a seed

-[no]glas    bool   no      Do glass simulation with special long range
                            corrections
-[no]ionize  bool   no      Do a simulation including the effect of an X-Ray

                            bombardment on your system

Back Off! I just backed up MDResults/md.log to MDResults/#md.log.3#

*ERROR
Program mdrun, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: gmxfio.c, line: 736

Can not open file:
inmd.tpr

"And You Will Know That My Name is the Lord When I Lay My Vengeance Upon
Thee." (Pulp Fiction)

yours sincerely,
uday.