[gmx-users] tpr-files.dat and pullf-files.dat

Poojari, Chetan c.poojari at fz-juelich.de
Thu Dec 16 21:22:05 CET 2010

Hello Justin,

I had made mistake in creating the .dat files.

I created just 5 windows between 0.2 to 5nm as i wanted to feel how things would work before setting up my system for umbrella sampling. And also to save up my computational time.

So, After running the command:

g_wham -it tpr-files.dat -if pullf-files.dat -o -hist -unit kCal

I get the below message. In the second line of the message it says "Reading 2 tpr and pullf files"...........and as it can seen below it reads all the .tpr files. But it doesn't say anything about reading the .xvg files.
Please can I know what exactly its doing here.

Found 5 tpr and 5 pull force files in tpr-files.dat and pullf-files.dat, respectively
Reading 2 tpr and pullf files
Automatic determination of boundaries...
Reading file 144.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)
File 144.tpr, 1 groups, geometry "distance", dimensions [N N Y], (1 dimensions)
	grp 0) k = 1000.000  inittial distance = 0.601453
Reading file 169.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)
Reading file 300.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)
Reading file 400.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)
Reading file 500.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)

Determined boundaries to 0.462181 and 5.585278

Reading file 144.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)
Reading file 169.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)
Reading file 300.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)
Reading file 400.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)
Reading file 500.tpr, VERSION 4.0.7 (single precision)

Initialized rapid wham stuff.
	   1) Maximum change 5.326426e+00
Switched to exact iteration in iteration 44
Converged in 45 iterations. Final maximum change 6.37158e-07

Kind regards,
chetan.