[gmx-users] reagarding polarisable force field in gromacs

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Dec 20 05:03:19 CET 2010

sreelakshmi ramesh wrote:
> Dear justin ,
>                    I read the manual and i didnt get it thats why i
> sought the help of people here.i want to know how to use those
> polarisable force field.

Then what you should have found is that there are no polarizable force fields in
Gromacs, but it may be possible to implement one using the contents of sw.itp (a
simple water model) as a template.  The files you would need to create (and
their contents) will be described in Chapters 4 and 5 of the manual.  Beyond
that, you would have to be very specific as to the part(s) of implementation
with which you're having difficulty.  Otherwise, you'll just get pointed to the
manual.

-Justin

> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu
> <mailto:jalemkul at vt.edu>> wrote:
>

>     sreelakshmi ramesh wrote:
>
>         Dear all,
>                    can anyone tell me if there  are polarisable force
>         field available in gromacs.I need to use dang chang force field
>         which is polarisable force field for my work.I have used
>         classical force fields before can anyone help me out regaring this.
>

>     Start by reading the manual.  All of the force fields included in
>     Gromacs are described.  Polarizability is discussed in section 4.4,
>     mostly in relation to water models.
>
>     -Justin
>

>         thanks in advance ,
>         shree