[gmx-users] Reg: fatal error pdb2gmx

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Dec 20 06:45:18 CET 2010

vinothkumar mohanakrishnan wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> I had taken United atom pdb file form PRODRG and i want to use OPLS-UA

Interesting choice.  That's an antiquated force field...

> force field. i dont know what's wrong out there.I have done it befor for
> other molecules like DCE, CCL4 etc.

To create a topology for a simple six-atom molecule, pdb2gmx is unnecessary.
Just write the topology by hand.  You've effectively already done so.  Or, you
can try to troubleshoot an unfortunately cryptic error message.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar