[gmx-users] buckingham potentials

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 22 04:56:15 CET 2010

Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

> sreelakshmi ramesh wrote:
>> I am using gromos force field fotr my work and This force field's
>> files come filled
>>  with LJ  functions and now if i want to work with buckingham
>> potential i changed in default section of force field ffG34a21.itp
>> file but it gives me the follwing errors
>>

>> ERROR 77 [file ffgmxnb.itp, line 144]:
>>   Trying to add LJ (SR) while the default nonbond type is Buck.ham (SR)

I should also add that if you think you're using Gromos96 (although from
"ffG34a21.itp" it's not at all clear to me that you're using any legitimate form
of it - 43A1? 43A2? something else?), you're not.  The "ffgmx" force field is a
modified form of Gromos87 that is antiquated and should not be used for new
simulations, as described in detail in the manual.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee