[gmx-users] Silly question?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 22 19:36:27 CET 2010

Sergio Manzetti wrote:

> I am trying to grompp a molecule, but get the same error again:
>
> Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.1
> Source code file: topio.c, line: 654
>
> Fatal error:
> Syntax error - File bzp.itp, line 1
> Last line read:
> '[ moleculetype ]'
> Invalid order for directive moleculetype
>

> Can any help?

Something in your topology is out of order.  See Chapter 5 of the manual for the
proper order.  Either you've #included one moleculetype inside another, or
you've done it before the force field has defined.  Either way, if you want
further assistance, you'll have to post some relevant snapshots of your topology.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee