[gmx-users] Installation GROMACS UBUNTU

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Dec 24 14:26:18 CET 2010

Quoting Sergio Manzetti <sergio.manzetti at vestforsk.no>:

> Not really, there were no errors with ./configure

That's simply not possible. The purpose of configuration is to determine
specifications of your system, which are then used to write the Makefile. If
you have no Makefile, then something failed. If you want to try to figure it
out, then please post your complete ./configure command and the resulting
screen output. Otherwise, your stuck with all of us telling you that something
went wrong, but we don't know what.

-Justin

> so I downloaded the version through ubunto sudo -apt get install gromacs
>
> but it was old version
>

> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Mark Abraham
> <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>wrote:
>
> >  On 24/12/2010 6:45 PM, Sergio Manzetti wrote:
> >
> > Hi thanks, but if I use make it says make no Makefile found...
> >

> > Right, so configure didn't work, unlike your statement that it did work...
> > Troubleshoot the step that failed, not things that came after it...
> >
> > Mark
> >

> > On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Mark Abraham
> <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>wrote:

> >>  That suggests configure did not work.
> >>

> >>  Should it be like this, or is it compulsory to use cmake?
> >>>

> >>  cmake is not compulsory.
> >>
> >> Mark
> >>  --
> >> Please search the archive at
> >> http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!
> >> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
> >> interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
> >> Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists
> >>

> > --
> > Please search the archive at