[gmx-users] Nose-hoover T-coupling in REMD

Qin Qiao qiaoqin47 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 03:12:27 CET 2010

Thanks a lot!

It says Nose-hoover coupling generates the correct canonical ensemble, and
that's the reason why I used it. I wonder whether v-rescale can also get the
correct ensemble. Could you tell me?

I'm quite curious how to choose the frequency of the T-coupling in REMD.
Though it seems the higher the frequency, the more accurate T will be, I
wonder whether it will get artifacts for in MD run.. since the warning in
Gromacs says tau_t should be 20 times bigger than dt*nsttcouple..

Best,

Qin