[gmx-users] number of DD cells

Poojari, Chetan c.poojari at fz-juelich.de
Sun Dec 26 21:51:47 CET 2010

Hi,

I am following umbrella sampling tutorial for my membrane protein system.

While running continuous pulling simulation (mdrun)..... under step five: Generating Configurations of the tutorial. I get the below error.

The system ran initially but corrupted very soon with warning " The X-size of the box (4.800448) times the triclinic skew factor (1.000000) is smaller than the number of DD cells (4) times the smallest allowed cell size (1.200000) "

I am using 64 cores with -npme = 16. I haven't set any -dds.
My system box size is  6 x 6 x 12 nm

Please can I know what might be the problem.

Kind regards,
chetan.

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt