[gmx-users] MPIRUN on Ubontu

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Dec 27 19:04:18 CET 2010

גדעון לפידות wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have recently installed Ubonto on my computer (i5 processor) and
> installed gromacs 4.0.7. I have installed openmpi and fftw but when
> using mpirun command instead of getting parallel processes it simply
> runs the same job four times simultaneously. How do I make the necessary
> adjustments.

Properly compile an MPI-enabled mdrun.  Since you've provided no detail on how
you did the installation, the only thing to suggest is that you've done
something wrong.  Follow the installation guide:

http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Installation_Instructions

Alternatively, use the newest version of Gromacs (4.5.3), which uses threading
for parallelization instead of requiring external MPI support.

-Justin

> Thanks,
>  Gideon

Justin A. Lemkul