[gmx-users] location of aminoacids.dat

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 29 09:21:43 CET 2010

On 29/12/2010 6:33 PM, delara aghaie wrote:
> Dear Justin
> many thanks for your email and your comments.
> I found aminoacids.dat in the following pat
>
> */apps/gromacs/4.0.5/share/gromacs/top*
> I connect to imerial college via vpn. they have installed several
> gromacs versions.
> I only write
> *module load mpi* and then
> *module load gromacs*
> and then the gromacs commands become active.

These module files should be setting your paths correctly. You should
also be able to choose different GROMACS versions if such are installed.
Please consult the documentation for how the site uses modules, or ask
the sysadmins.

> -------
> the g_msd_mpi command worked and now I have msd.xvg file and I plotted
> it using gnuplot with this command:
> gnuplot "msd.xvg" u 1:2 w l
> now pls let me know how can I save this plot? I have written about
> that but I am confused.

Note that this is a gnuplot question, not a GROMACS question. There are
various ways to "save" a gnuplot plot, and the best approach varies with
what you want to do next. Please have a look at some gnuplot tutorial or
documentation material for information here.

Mark