[gmx-users] force field for simulation of BCN

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 29 14:13:05 CET 2010

On 29/12/2010 11:06 PM, mina Madah wrote:
> dear all user
> How can I have a force field for simulation of boron-nitride-carbon (BCN) graphene?
> all force field in gromacs don't have boron as an atomtype .

That's because those forcefields are primarily aimed at biochemistry
simulations. You need a forcefield that was parameterized to reproduce
values relevant to your simulation system. There may not be any in your
case. Search the literature. Do not consider parameterizing this
yourself before you have considerable MD experience.