[gmx-users] -ve value of z in g_wham

Nilesh Dhumal ndhumal at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 29 19:01:59 CET 2010

I have a system with 128 water molecules and a ion pair of ionic liquids
i.e. one cation and one anion.
the reaction corrdination is the distance between cation and anion.
Initial distance between cation-anion is 0.8 nm.
I have pasted some part of md file

; Pull code
pull            = umbrella
pull_geometry   = distance
pull_dim        = Y Y Y
pull_start      = NO             ; define initial COM distance > 0
;reftype   = com
pull_ngroups    = 1
pull_group0     = EMI
pull_group1     = ETS
pull_init1      = 0.0
pull_rate1      = 0.01          ; 0.01 nm per ps = 10 nm per ns
pull_k1         = 1000          ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2

I run the simulation for 2ns then I run g_wham.
I more interested in structure where caion and anion are close ~0.4 nm.

After ploting PMF I found that I have -ve value of z.

NIlesh