[gmx-users] Fatal error:Chain identifier

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 30 14:48:53 CET 2010

On 30/12/2010 11:37 PM, ahmet yıldırım wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Firstly, Thanks for your help. You said "You're going from the end of
> chain B to the beginning of chain A, then back to B later on.  Also
> realize that whatever "ABSG" or "BSG" is." How do you understand it?
> Where can I find such an important theoretical information?

In order to understand the contents of a PDB file, you need to have an
understanding of its format. Unfortunately, it is a complex format
because PDB is used for many things. Several emails ago I think I
suggested that you should look for that format... hint, hint. Perhaps
the RCSB site also has a simpler introduction to the topic, too.

Mark