[gmx-users] Optimization of the box size during an energy minimization?

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Fri Dec 31 15:28:15 CET 2010

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 19:17:04 +0100
MyLinkka <mylinkka at gmail.com> wrote:
>       Does anybody know if it is possible to optimize the box size
> during an energy minimization in Gromacs?
>
> Can I make pressure coupling if it's possible?
> Is there a workaround if there is no direct way?

On a related topic, if your startup configuration is far from the
equilibrium density, stabilizing it via MD might take ages. I used an
algorithm of repeated EM and box scaling to prepare the MD run input
for J. Phys. Chem. B, 2010, 114 (19), pp 6426–6436 (description in the
Appendix).
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi