[gmx-users] Checkpointing

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 3 00:18:54 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Jack Shultz <js at drugdiscoveryathome.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:36
Subject: [gmx-users] Checkpointing
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>, Andrey Voronkov <av at drugdiscoveryathome.com>

> We have mdrun integrated into our distributed computing project. When
> your users suspend or close the manger it checkpoints, so when they
> open again it continues mdrun where it left off. However, when users
> reboot, it starts from the beginning. We are using this command line
> to execute the work.
>
> mdrun.exe (-v -x -c -o md.pdb -e -cpo md.next -cpi md.cpt -
> deffnm md)

If you're using this input line always, then you're getting what you're asking for - an mdrun that begins from the state in md.cpt. Since you're never updating that, it doesn't change.

Try not stipulating different -cpo and -cpi and see what the native coping mechanism is. Otherwise, you'll have to write a bunch of scripting logic to decide which .cpt to use each restart.

Mark