[gmx-users] last line in .gro file

Vishal Agarwal vishal.iitian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 03:44:20 CET 2010

Hi Tsjerk,

Thanks for replying. I was going through the pdb format dcoument on the PDB
webpage. I found that the box corresponds to the following:

 a   b(cos(gama))  c(cos(beta))
 0   b(sin(gama))   c(cos(alpha) - cos(beta) cos(gama) / sin(gama)
 0    0                  V/(ab sin(gama))
where V = abc(1 - (cos(alpha))^2 - (cos(beta))^2 - (cos(gama))^2+
2cos(alpha) cos(beta) cos(gama))^1/2

This corresponds to general form in representing these vectors.  The
following code also desolves to this form.

Thank you again.

Best,
Vishal

P.S. I thank all who have replied to this mail.