[gmx-users] H2 topology

011013021-Jyotsna 011013021 at bioinfo.sastra.edu
Wed Feb 3 10:18:31 CET 2010

Dear David,

Thanks for your reply.  From your reply, I get the
impression that the bond length of my hydrogen molecule
gets adjusted duing minimization of the whole system (
protien+water+ inserted hydrogen molecule). But the issue
impending is the insertion of the hydrogen molecule itself
into the protein+water box created in previous step. For
insertion/addition of hydrogen molecules I used the
command:

genbox_d -cp 2frv.conf.gro -o 2frv.solv.gro -p 2frv.top
–ci h2.gro –nmol 100

  It reports to me the inability to add any of the
hydrogen molecules, ie it adds 0 molecules out of 100
requested.
###########error########################
Reading molecule configuration
Gallium Rubidium Oxygen Manganese Argon Carbon Silicon
Containing 3 atoms in 1 residue
Initialising van der waals distances...
Try 999
Added 0 molecules (out of 100 requested) of H2
Writing generated configuration to 2frv.solv.gro

Back Off! I just backed up 2frv.solv.gro to
./#2frv.solv.gro.1#
PERIPLASMIC HYDROGENASE; PERIPLASMIC HYDROGENASE

Output configuration contains 8340 atoms in 977 residues
Volume : 1299.08 (nm^3)
Density : 143.043 (g/l)
Number of SOL molecules: 186

Processing topology
Removing line #40 'SOL 39308' from topology file
(2frv.top)
####################error end###############
How do i rectify this problem?
  I suspect the problem is due to the bond length of the
hydrogen molecule that I created with 1.66A distance ( as
described in my previous post) and the fact that the gap
between the solvent molecules (in my case , water) is not
big enough to accomodate the H2 molecules(as I had used
the pdb of CO2 and replaced each O with an H and C atom
with dummy atom.). So could you please help me figure out
any tool that helps in adjusting the bond length of my
hydrogen molecule in pdb to the desired length of 0.7A.

Or as you said is it possible to minize a single molecule
using md_run program, as I encountered certain problems in
doing so .

Sorry for the lengthy mail.

Thank you ,
Jyotsna