[gmx-users] H2 topology

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 3 12:42:09 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: 011013021-Jyotsna <011013021 at bioinfo.sastra.edu>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 21:48
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] H2 topology
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

> Dear David,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  From your reply, I get the
> impression that the bond length of my hydrogen molecule gets
> adjusted duing minimization of the whole system ( protien+water+
> inserted hydrogen molecule). But the issue impending is the
> insertion of the hydrogen molecule itself into the protein+water
> box created in previous step. For insertion/addition of hydrogen
> molecules I used the command:
>
> genbox_d -cp 2frv.conf.gro -o 2frv.solv.gro -p 2frv.top –ci
> h2.gro –nmol 100

What about a two-stage process? Do genbox -ci h2.gro -nmol 100 when there's no water, and then solvate *afterwards*.

Or, generate solvent, and get a list of 100 random numbers in the right range, manually delete those water molecules to create interstices, update your [molecules] section, then use genconf -ci and equilibrate carefully to fix the density.

Or, generate solvent for a box somewhat smaller than the one you want, use editconf -scale to scale the coordinates up to create interstices, use genconf -ci and then minimize really gently to fix all the bond lengths, and equilibrate carefully to fix the density.

Mark