[gmx-users] segmentation fault with grompp

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 10 17:07:03 CET 2010

I just used this topology in conjunction with popc128a.pdb (with some naming
adjustments to match the topologies), and everything worked fine.  I am using
version 4.0.5, as well.

Are you running grompp on a local workstation, or on a remote filesystem?  I
have noticed sporadic, unpredictable seg faults in grompp which I presume are
due to NFS blips on our cluster.

Have you recompiled without --enable-mpi, as I suggested before?  I don't know
if that's the problem or not; do other systems (proteins in water, or something
else reasonably simple) result in the same problem?

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar