[gmx-users] Problems wtih g_wham

Jennifer Casey jrcasey20 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 18:08:57 CET 2010

Hello again,

When I was working through your tutorial, I noticed the following statement
under pull = umbrella:  "IMPORTANT:  This procedure is not umbrella
sampling.  I used a harmonic potential.....For the purposes of generating
initial configurations for umbrella sampling, you can set pull = constraint
with equivalent results"

I guess I just focused on the first part.  I didn't realize that I needed to
switch to pull = umbrella in order to use g_wham.

I still don't understand the part of the error where pull = cylinder though
(I am sure that it said this).  I will change pull = constraint to pull =
umbrella and see if I still get the error.

Thanks,
Jenny