[gmx-users] how to combine multiple .eps file...

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Feb 14 16:48:13 CET 2010

nittopuran natya wrote:
> Hello experts,
>
> I am having a problem with several .eps file to combine all of them. I
> know that xmgrace can combine several .xvg file with different color.
> But I have some .eps file which i want to show in a single file with
> different color , whatever the extension it is. Could someone pls tell
> me how can i do that?? IS it possible to convert .eps file to dat file.....

An .eps file is a graphics file, so no, there isn't a way to simply concatenate
and plot them.  If you generated the .eps file with xpm2ps, then there is a
"-combine" option that allows you to manipulate two input .xpm files.  Beyond
that, you may have to do some scripting of your own to extract the relevant data
from the original files (the source data has to be somewhere!) and plot them in
some meaningful way.

-Justin

> Thanks..
>
> /NIttopuran