[gmx-users] spc vs. flex_spc

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:56:06 CET 2010

Hi,

flex_spc is not a reliable water model, never use it for MD.
You should only use it when your initial configuration is so bad that energy
minimization with normal, rigid water molecules crashes.
However, the deviations are so small that after a few picoseconds of MD
with normal spc there will be no memory of the flex_spc initial structure.

Berk