[gmx-users] problem with the translate option of editconf

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Feb 15 14:50:00 CET 2010

Ozge Engin skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to translate the peptide within the simulation box. I have
> a box with dimensions of 3.8 3.0 3.0 nm^3, and I want to put the
> peptide on top of the box. In order to that I used the following
> command line:
>
> editconf -f pep.pdb -box 3.8 3.0 3.0 -translate 0 0 1.5 -o trans.pdb
>
> The peptide is not translated, but sitting at the center of the box.
> Why is the case? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Ozge Engin

Because -c is implied by -box. excerpt form editconf -h output:

-[no]c       bool   no      Center molecule in box (implied by -box and -d)

You'll have to do the -box and the -translate in two sequential passes
through editconf.

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics,
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 4537        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/molbiophys