[gmx-users] restarting mdrun

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Feb 16 18:32:54 CET 2010

Chandan Choudhury wrote:
> Hi Mark !!!
> Thanks for answering.
> My query is how do I restart my mdrun because the command
> nohup mpirun -np 16 -machinefile mac mdrun -s md5-10.tpr -cpi state.cpt
> -append &
> will not start from where the trajectory was stopped (i.e; time
> 9169.500). As this command will continue the simulation from where the
> cpt file was written.

Right, it will start from whenever the checkpoint was written.  You should also
have a state_prev.cpt that is a backup in case this type of thing happens; it
may help.  Regardless, with a 36-GB .trr file, the -append option will not work.
  Leave it out and use trjcat later.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate