[gmx-users] pbc whole

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:18:04 CET 2010

Hi Carla,

What g_rmsf does is calculate the first (average) and second
(fluctuation) central moments. For that, it is required that the
conformational space is defined, which is done by fitting each frame
to the reference structure. The reference is only used for that. The
fluctuation is calculated about the mean position. It doesn't make
sense to most people to calculate a non-central second moment, so be
assured that that's not what g_rmsf does (for the few people
interested, it can be  done with g_covar :p).

g_rmsf does what you want.

Cheers,

Tsjerk