[gmx-users] density

Sander Pronk pronk at cbr.su.se
Wed Feb 24 14:00:48 CET 2010

You got pretty close to what the density of SPC water is at 298K

According to "Temperature dependence of TIP3P, SPC, and TIP4P water from NPT Monte Carlo simulations: Seeking temperatures of maximum density", William L. Jorgensen, Corky Jenson, J. Comp. Chem, Volume 19 Issue 10, Pages 1179 - 1186 (1998)
it should be 0.985g/ml, and TIP4P will give you 1.001g/ml.

Remember that you're simulating SPC water, not real water.

Sander