[gmx-users] Converting Gromacs output files to dl_poly output files.

Mohammad Hossein Kowsari mhkowsari2010 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:40:29 CET 2010

Dear naimah,

I have certainly inverse problem. I simulated several imidazolium-based ILs
by DL_POLY code using of all- atom Canongia Lopes force field parameters
(JPC B 2004); but now I like more study these liquids by GROMACS code.
I think that you should firstly convert GROMACS input files (*.gro,
*.top/*.itp, *.mdp) to DL_POLY input files (CONFIG, CONTROL, and FIELD).
afterwards, you can start simulations with DL_POLY and get the OUTPUTs. what
is the specific source of your OPLS_AA force field!. Is it from Lopes
parameters?!. if I see your GROMACS input files of ILs , may be I can help
you for constructing of DL_POLY file. by this order, may be my problem will
be also solved because I start with GROMACS code now, while I worked by
DL_POLY several years. I needed any help for convert IL input files of
DL_POLY to GROMACS!

Best Regards,
MH Kowsari
Isfahan University of Technology