[gmx-users] Converting Gromacs output files to dl_poly output files.

Mohammad Hossein Kowsari mhkowsari2010 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 06:54:21 CET 2010

Dear Naimah,

Thanks a lot for the files that you send.
I know the DL_POLY code create only site-site radial distribution
functions (g(r)) as an OUTPUT file named RDFDAT. Indeed, DL_POLY can
not create the Spatial Distribution Functions (SDFs) directly and I am
not familiar with any proposed program for converting of trajectory
file of DL_POLY (named HISTORY) to SDFs. However, several groups in
literature simulated their systems by DL_POLY and finally reported
SDFs, but you should know this code has not direct tools for this aim.
Generally people used of Tranal utility of MDynamix simulation code
(http://www.mmk.su.se/~sasha/mdynamix/) for make the SDFs and
afterwards, they visual this functions by gOpenMOL program. I think
that they used HISTORY file of DL_POLY as an INPUT for the MDynamix
simulation code. Thus,
I think that you can easier convert the trajectory file of GROMACS to
the SDFs and maybe, it is not needed using DL_POLY for your aim.
Finally, I can send an example input files of DL_POLY code for
imidazolium-based ILs for you if it needed!! However, I think you can
used of trajectory file of GROMACS code. Also, maybe GROMACS has any
tools (perhaps g_sdf) for calculating of SDFs and then you used of
gOpenMol for visualization.
If you send you question about calculating SDFs to gmx-mailing list, I
think you get better guidance for your problem.

Best Regards,

MH Kowsari
Isfahan University of Technology