[gmx-users] gromacs memory usage

Amit Choubey kgp.amit at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 00:17:14 CET 2010

Hi Mark,

We have few nodes with 64 GB memory and many other with 16 GB of memory. I
am attempting a simulation of around 100 M atoms.

I did find some document which says one need (50bytes)*NATOMS on master
node, also one needs
 (100+4*(no. of atoms in cutoff)*(NATOMS/nprocs) for compute nodes. Is this
true?

Thank you,
amit