[gmx-users] correlation function 'time value' ?

Ramachandran G gtrama at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 09:31:22 CET 2010

Dear Dr. van der Spoel:

Thanks for the clarification in your reply. One more thing I was just
curious is that, for C(t) = < f(x).f(x+t) >,
what is the default value for t, which is often called "correlation time",
in gromacs for correlation function calculation, especially in "g_hbond",
and/or is it possible to customize the t in gromacs?

best
Rama

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM, David van der Spoel
<spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>wrote:

> On 2010-02-27 03.27, Ramachandran G wrote:
>
>> Hi gromacs users:
>>      As you know autocorrelation function  C(t)
>>
>>                                      C(t) = <f(0).f(t)>
>>
>> 't' value can start from 0 but, i would like to know what value does
>> gromacs use, more specifically for g_hbond.
>> Can anyone help me? Thank  you.
>>
>> Rama
>>
>>  The <> tell you that all time origins x are used, so
> C(t) = < f(x).f(x+t) >_x

> Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:  +46184714205.
> spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se

Postdoctoral Research Scholar,
Department of Chemistry,
University of Nevada, Reno.