[gmx-users] Re: Simulation Box break into 16 domains => Gromacs 3.3.3

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 2 21:41:16 CET 2010

Chih-Ying Lin wrote:

> Hi
> As I posted the command list earlier, to create the box
> editconf_mpi -f 6LYZ-EM-vacuum.gro -o 6LYZ-PBC.gro -bt cubic -d 0.75
> -box 6.0 6.0 6.0
>

> So, I think Justin's case is not the same as mine.

Mark already pointed out that your command line is malformed.  You cannot use -d
and -box simultaneously.  They are mutually exclusive.  You are also not
centering the protein in the box (you are not using the -c option).  So, in
fact, what you're doing was exactly what my problem was - not centering and
potentially defining the box incorrectly.

I would suggest that you at least try rebuilding your system, because the above
command is certainly wrong.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate