[gmx-users] Incomplete frame,while running trjconv .....

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 5 19:00:34 CET 2010

Your disk was full and the .xtc file could not be completely written,
therefore you have an incomplete frame. I think that you have answered
your own question here. If I was you, I would trjconv -e to get the
full trajectory minus the last incomplete frame for a good .xtc file.

There are other reasons why you could have an incomplete frame (e.g.
NFS delay if you trjconv, gmxcheck, or otherwise access your file
during the run) but I don't think that this case warrants any such
esoteric explanation.

Are you suggesting that your run went so far beyond this stage that
you no longer have a .cpt file that was created before the incomplete
frame was written (including _prev.cpt)? In this case, I would simply
extract a .gro from the last good frame of the .xtc and use grompp to
restart the run. If you have the .trr and .edr frames near this point
then you can use them for a proper restart. Reassigning velocities at
one arbitrary point in a simulation should not be a problem though and
I would not consider it to be a significant flaw in any simulation.

Chris.