[gmx-users] particle decomposition requires preliminary trjconv -pbc mol input

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Jan 10 00:11:01 CET 2010

Thanks Berk,

increasing -rdd from 1.0 to 2.5 has solved my problem. Note that the
actual distance between the two atoms in the angle restraint never
exceeds 0.9 nm, although this is a rather complex set of virtual atoms
based on the positions of other virtual atoms, each virtual atom in
its own charge group, so there could be other distances involved here.
In any event, increasing -rdd to 2.5 is fine for this system on 8
cores. This would inhibit me from going too much beyond 8 cores, but I
had not planned to do that in any event. It is also quite possible
that some value of -rdd that is greater than 1.0 and less than 2.5
would also work. I simply noted that my speed did not decrease by more
than 5% when going to -rdd 2.5 and so I accepted this.

This is great as the -pd option reduced my speed on 8 cores to 65% of
what I can get with -dd.