[gmx-users] 6LYZ.pdb + Gromacs version 4.0.5 => Simulation Broke

Chih-Ying Lin chihying2008 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:00:06 CET 2010

Hi
>From Tsjerk,
"Previously you had an issue with the addition of ions to your .top
file. In your protocol, it's not mentioned. Have you made sure that
issue is cleared?"   => Yes, I did.

I encountered two cases that my simulation broke.
Case I => 6LYZ + ligands + water molecules + CL-
           => Gromacs 3.3.3
           => error from the addition of ions to my .top file
           => The problem is solved and the simulation runs successfully.

Case II => 6LYZ + water molecules + CL-
            => Gromacs 4.0.5
            => Have tried the correct addition of ions to my .top file
            => The potential energy goes very negative after EM
            => the PR step broke.

Thank you
Lin

Hi Lin,

First of all, I would suggest sticking to a single processor until you
have a protocol that works.
Previously you had an issue with the addition of ions to your .top
file. In your protocol, it's not mentioned. Have you made sure that
issue is cleared?

Cheers,

Tsjerk