[gmx-users] Error while pulling a settled tip4p water molecule

Jochen Hub jochen at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Jan 14 14:07:04 CET 2010

Hi,

I am doing umbrella simulations of a water molecule, using complete
tip4p molecules as pull groups (or alternatively using only the three
masses of the tip4p as pull group). When doing so, mdrun exits with the
error:

Program mdrun, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: constr.c, line: 841

Fatal error:
More than one settle type.
Suggestion: change the least use settle constraints into 3 normal
constraints.

Does that mean that I cannot pull a settled water molecule? Actually I
do not really understand the suggestions, "change the least use settle
constraints into 3 normal constraints", why do I have to replace the
settle constraint?

Cheers,
Jochen

Dr. Jochen Hub
Molecular Biophysics group
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology
Uppsala University. Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden.
Phone: +46-18-4714451 Fax: +46-18-511755