[gmx-users] occupancy

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:44:40 CET 2010

Hi Carla,

You can do lots of things. You can edit the occupancy field by hand,
or do it with a tool like sed. You can also neglect the warning,
provided that you're pretty sure the structure is okay. Partial
occupancies occur when atoms can not be exclusively assigned to a
single position. In those cases pdb2gmx takes the first location
listed. Occupancies of 0 occur when an atom position is completely
guessed or modeled in. Check the PDB file format to learn more.

Cheers,

Tsjerk