[gmx-users] Cannot compile and link MPI code with mpicc

Jiang Shin-Lin jiangsl at phys.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Jan 20 13:45:27 CET 2010

Hi, all!

I try to install mdrun_mpi today and I got some error.
====
checking for mpxlc... no
checking for mpicc... mpicc
checking whether the MPI cc command works... configure: error: Cannot compile and link
MPI code with mpicc
====
Above is the error message.
I asked the net manager install openmpi by root for me and add the openmpi/bin/
to the $PATH in

I also did the export that I seen in previous mailing list as below.
====
export CPPFLAGS="-I$SOFT/fftw-3.1.3/include -I/stathome/statsoft/openmpi/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L$SOFT/fftw-3.1.3/lib -L/stathome/statsoft/openmpi/lib" .bashrc.
====
Does anyone help me?
forgive my stupid and poor English.

Sincerely yours,