[gmx-users] grompp - commands

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 21 21:33:57 CET 2010

Chih-Ying Lin wrote:

> Hi
> Here are four commands.
>
> PART I
>
> grompp_mpi -np 16 -v -f md.mdp -c 6LYZ-MD.gro -p 6LYZ.top -o 6LYZ-MD55.tpr
>
> mpiexec -np 16 mdrun_mpi -deffnm 6LYZ-MD55
>

> PART II
>
> grompp_mpi -np 16 -v -f md.mdp -c 6LYZ-MD55.gro -p 6LYZ.top -o
> 6LYZ-MD155.tpr
>
> mpiexec -np 16 mdrun_mpi -deffnm 6LYZ-MD155
>

> Will the last snapshot of trajectory of the simulation PART I be save as
> 6LYZ-MD55.gro?

Quite clearly, yes.  Please refer to the documented purpose of "mdrun -deffnm."

> Will the commands in PART II intrigue the simulation starting from the
> last snapshot of trajectory of PART I , 6LYZ-MD55.gro ?

Again, yes.  If you are looking to continue a previous run, however, you are not
continuing it properly if you do not supply the .trr and .edr file with -t and
-e, respectively.  This is assuming, based on the presence of the -np flag, that
you are using version 3.3.x.

I think you will find it far more effective to run your commands and check the
relevant input and output (most of which can be done in a text editor or by
simply listing files in a terminal, or at the most using gmxdump) rather than
waiting for someone to check your work for you.

-Justin

> Thank you
>
> Lin

Justin A. Lemkul