[gmx-users] Re: Steered Molecular Dynamics (SMD) in Gromcas-4.0.5(toby10222224 at sina.com)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 23 04:38:01 CET 2010

toby10222224 at sina.com wrote:
> Hi Carsten:
>
> Thank you for your answers. I don't know whether I am right to reply to
> gmx-users at gromacs.org <mailto:gmx-users at gromacs.org>. If I am wrong,
> please tell me.

Yes, keep all discussions on the list for archival purposes (plus, other users
can weigh in with advice).

> As in my last letter, I said I was not able to set "*pull_weights1*"
> correctly. I have red the mannual, but I don't understand what it tells.
> I'll do with your recommendation, setting one pull group which contains
> 700 atoms and using Gromacs-4.0.7. Then how to set the "*pull_weights1*" ?

If you have a single pull group with 700 atoms, then you can leave pull_weights1
alone - leave it to its default value (which I believe is 0) by not even
specifying it in the .mdp file.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate