[gmx-users] Ligand coming out while trying Drug-enzyme tutorial

vivek sharma viveksharma.iitb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 05:58:36 CET 2010

Hi Dallas,
I am trying to run MD simulation over a docked complex (protein+ligand), to
confirm their dynamic stability in water media.
For the same I am using PRODRG server to generate topologies for ligand
molecule as gromacs can generate topology for 20 standard residues. As
mentioned in tutorial for drug-enzyme complex, I am editing the .top and
.gro files to include the PRODRG generated files (DRGGMX.ITP in .top and
DRGAPH.GRO in .gro file).
I observe that their are changes in co-ordinate of ligand after processing
them through PRODRG server. So these new co-ordinates for ligand are placing
ligand away from the protein while the ligand molecule was in protein pocket
in original docked complex.

I hope it gives what I am trying to do, and where I am getting stuck.

I am looking for some suggestions and more insight of the problem to solve
it.
Earlier I have done same procedure successfully for a different docked
complex.

Regards,
Vivek