[gmx-users] hblife

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Jan 28 16:03:50 CET 2010

afsaneh maleki skrev:
> thanks dear justin'
>
> it is right that the output of the analysis tools generally writes
> axis labels and data set legends. in hblife.xyg  file is written that
> x axis  label "Time (ps)" and the last time is written 14300.001
> whereas my simulated time is 40000 ps not 143000.00 ps
> i send you this file
I don't remember the details about the calculation of lifetimes, but I
believe it's an estimate of how the half lifes of hydrogen bonds. You
can also get this quantity, along with the kinetic constants and
energies for hb breaking and frormation, using -ac. If I remember
correctly, -ac uses a more reliable method.

Erik