[gmx-users] Capping residues

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 1 01:57:11 CEST 2010

Sai Pooja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) What capping residues are recognized by charmm implemented on gromacs
> in the latest git version?

It looks like there aren't any.  Check the .rtp file to be sure.

> I was trying to use ACE for acetyl but it is not recognized by pdb2gmx.
>

> 2) Is it possible to define caps at residues other than those at the
> termini?

What exactly do you consider a cap?  Usually a capping residue is applied only
to N- and C-termini.  If you're trying to make some sort of modified sidechain,
then you have to look into parameterizing it yourself.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization

-Justin

> Regards
> Pooja
>
> --
> Quaerendo Invenietis-Seek and you shall discover.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee