[gmx-users] Re: Re: Fwd: missing atom

lloyd riggs lloyd.riggs at gmx.ch
Mon Jul 5 15:35:26 CEST 2010

Dear Abdul Wadood,

So I had the same problem as well.  Basically the pdb2gmx adds all the hydrogens at the end anyways, despite its warnings.  The only problem you may encounter is if you have multiple chains without chain IDs.

basically, just add -ignh at the end when running a pdb2gmx job.  If interactivly, it will ask what you want to do for your ends, N and C terminus, as there are several available types ( NH3, NH2+, Coo-, Cooh, etc...)

It confused me in the beginning as well.  If you look at the out .top and .gro or .pdb you can check if they are added back.

Greetings

Stephan Watkins

Message: 3