[gmx-users] Free Energy calculations of peptide-protein binding

Daniel Seeliger dseelig at gwdg.de
Mon Jul 5 17:33:11 CEST 2010

Hi Ehud,

we recently developed an extended amber99sb forcefield + some scripts which
probably can do exactly what you want (setting up alchemical mutations for any
amino acid mutation except for proline).
We tested it by calculating thermostability differences for a set of 100+
mutations of an enzyme and got quite accurate agreement with experimental data
(R=0.86 ).
If you want I can send you the stuff you need to set up the simulations.
Details about simulation parameters you can find in the paper.
( http://www.cell.com/biophysj/abstract/S0006-3495%2810%2900216-X  )

In general I would not use a plain thermodynamic integration scheme because it
does not converge very well, especially for large mutations.
We used a Crooks-based non-equilibrium scheme which worked quite well but
there are also other protocols around (multi-state BAR) which probably do
equally well.

-Daniel

--
Dr. Daniel Seeliger
Computational Biomolecular Dynamics Group