[gmx-users] COM distances

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 7 19:06:49 CEST 2010

The pullx file should contain everything that you need. dX,dY,dZ *are*
the components of the distances between the two groups.

I still don't understand your question (perhaps you could give us a
worked example with real data?), but if you just want the COM
distance, then try this:

cat pullx.xvg |awk '{print sqrt($1,$5*$5+$6*$6+$7*$7)}' > my.dist

of vourse, what you need depends on your pull code options, but this
should give you a start. Combine this with VMD and you should be able
to figure out what you need.

Chris.