[gmx-users] P4_error for extending coarse grained MD simulations

张春雷 chunleizhang.pku at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 21:36:52 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I have post this question about a two weeks ago. During these days, I
followed suggestions from Mark and weixin, but did not fix it. Here, I
repeat it again to seek more help.

I attempt to extend MD simulation for a coarse-grained system. CG models are
in MARTINI form. Simulation was carried out on Gromacs 4.02, 4.03 or 4.07.

I tried to use check point file state.cpt to extend my simulation. The mdrun
program can read to the check file. But it reported error like this:

Reading checkpoint file state.cpt generated: Mon Jun 14 09:48:10 2010

Loaded with Money

starting mdrun 'Protein in POPE bilayer'
24000000 steps, 720000.0 ps (continuing from step 12000000, 360000.0 ps).
step 12000000, remaining runtime:     0 s
p0_6991:  p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11

I check the *state.cpt* file using *gmxdump* and compare it with other
checkpoint files that can be used for extending All-atom simulations. I
found that in the CG check point file, some sections are missing: *box-v
(3x3)* and *thermostat-integral*.
I am not sure whether this missing sections cause my run crash. If it is,
could any one tell me possible reasons that result in the loss of box-v and
thermostat-integral and how to fix the problem?

Your suggestions are greatly helpful and appreciated.

Justin Zhang

在 2010年6月25日 下午4:45,张春雷 <chunleizhang.pku at gmail.com>写道: